Angel Tree: Helping Families of Those Incarcerated
- Through no fault of their own, 2.7 million children in our country will have a mom or dad behind bars this Christmas. That’s one in every 28 American children.
- Prison Fellowship’s Angel Tree program serves incarcerated parents by strengthening and restoring their relationships with their kids and families. It is the only nationwide, year-round program that reaches out exclusively to children who have a parent in prison.
- Though Angel Tree is a year-round program, we are particularly well known for our support of families at Christmas time.
- Since Angel Tree’s creation in 1982, volunteers across America have given more than 10 million gifts to children on behalf of their incarcerated parents.
- Through this program, we expect to reach nearly 300,000 kids this year.
View article HERE